Thursday, March 22, 2012

Reviews: 17 Days - a debut album by George Barnett

Hello! I know this is quite rare for me to do reviews becuase mostly I acted like a 12-year-old fangirl (I'm almost 15, mind you) but I'd love to do this. The reason I wanted to do this is because I definitely need to post more blogs and I want to help my new favorite Indie artist, George Barnett.

If you search into Google for George Barnett, there are a lot of different George Barnett(s). There is a George Barnett who is a model and a drummer for These New Puritans and the other George Barnett who was a commandant. Actually, the George Barnett I'm talking about is the George Barnett in this website.

This Geroge Barnett I'm talking about is a 18 years old British guy. He's a multi-musician and a singr-songwriter. He produces and records his own songs/albums. When he's live, he plays with his band called George Branett and The Ninth Wave. Before he had 17 Days, he recorded an EP called Sierra Planes. That's him.

So on 12th March 2012, I went to Piratebay to get torrents. Look, don't be disgusted with me. I respect copyrights too you know, but if you don't have money, torrent is gonna be like, heaven on earth. Trust me.

Anyway.

When I was in the homepage, there's a picture of George Barnett and the cover of his debut album. What I thought first was "woah he's cute" and all that stuff, but what caught my eyes was the cover art of the album itself. Curious, I went to his website and listened to his single Lone Rose. Here's the video:


After I listened to the song, I was blown away. It is awesome! I think it can be considered as Indie Pop because the beat and melody of the song is catchy and it will appeal to many people. The best part of the song, is that he varied the dynamics of the song. I just wanna say, it's a great great single. I love it a lot.

And 2 or 3 days later, he was still the face in the Piratebay homepage. But, instead the picture of his album, it was a messege from him to the Piratebay users. He gave free torrents so people can listen to his album. I thought that was quite smart to attract people to listen to his album first so they can reccommend it to other people. Not gonna pass the chance to listen to his album, I downloaded the torrent. I was excited and when I listen to the whole album, dear lord it's amazing from the first second to the last second of the album.

If I know where to buy the CD for the album, I would go buy it ASAP. It's that good, I'm serious.
My personal favorite of the album is actually the song called Apocolade. It's the first song of the album. It's a great song for the intro of the album because it has a dramatic vibe (that's what I said).

As a whole, I would rate this album 4 out of 5. It's brilliantly produced, written and arranged. You can purchase his album on iTunes, Bandcamp, or Amazon. I checked his website and there's no Piratebay link anymore but I guess it was only for promo and limited time span.

Hope you enjoy this review and he maybe your next new favorite artist. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment